Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Bible Is Sufficient

The annual ION (International Orality Network) Conference this year was hosted at my home church, Grace Church. A week ago, I wouldn't have been able to tell anyone what orality was, but now I am flooded with a wealth of exposure to it. Using the method of storytelling to convey God's Word opens up the door to providing the gospel to people who have an oral way of thinking. Resources and materials aren't necessity to communicating the truth in God's word. There is such a simplicity to it, it is something I can use anywhere. And what do you know, it's exactly the method Christ used to catalyst life transformations. This is not a new thing. I was just making the gospel story more complicated than it is. God's word can stand alone. It doesn't always need my cultural filters to garnish it. God's word transforms lives.

No comments: