
King Solomon has completed the temple and is marvelling that the very presence of God is residing in a beautiful, but still man-made structure in 1 Kings 8:27-30. As I read that passage this morning, I was struck with the same awe.
My heart is full here with my good friend, Danilo Martelli, in Ourinhos, Brazil. A few days ago we worked with some students at a local language school who were learning English. As we acted out the story of Jesus calming the storm, these children received more than just an English lesson. They began to see Jesus.
Living within the hospitality of Danilo´s grandmother and enjoying Christ-centered fellowship in the community of his friends, I am seeing Christ at work here.
Solomon prayed, "May your eyes be open toward this temple day and night." We, as God´s children are called God´s temple (1 Corinthians 6:19), and King David knew of God´s unrelenting gaze on us, His creation (Psalm 139).
I am struck with Solomon´s awe. "Will God really dwell on Earth?"
He has. 2000 years ago, the fullness of God walked umong men in the body of Jesus Christ.
He does. I have seen Him working in the hearts of simple people in a little town called Ourinhos, Brazil. God really does dwell on earth!

No comments:
Post a Comment