Nathan is a life that is changed.
On a Sunday afternoon, my much-needed nap was interrupted with a "tap, tap, tap," outside my window. With my departure from Liberia quickly approaching, I did not want to take time to talk to Nathan, who sometimes talked for the pleasure of hearing his own voice. But when, with tears in his eyes, he said, "Teacher Stone, can I talk to you for a minute," I knew there was nothing more important than what Nathan had to say.
When I dream of heaven, I see kids there from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation worshiping the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I see kids that I shared Christ with standing with those they shared Christ with who brought their friends.
"I had a vision last night," Nathan began. "I was standing in a white, white place. And Jesus was there. And there were one thousand people standing behind me. I turned and asked one of them, 'why are you here?' And they said, 'because you told us.'"
There were days in Liberia I wanted to give up. I wanted to go home. There were days I was convinced I was having no impact.
But that wasn't true.
God is faithful. He used me to do His work that honors Himself. Nathan is a part of my dream. I see his face and his one thousand others standing there too. But Nathan isn't the only one I know. There are more kids. And the kids aren't just from Liberia either.
Dream big.

No comments:
Post a Comment