"Hi. I'm a Missionary to, well, actually I have no idea where I'm going."
That sounds a little strange. But it's been my response for the past three months. True, it has been frustrating at times, but I praise God that He has used the uncertain "where" to help me focus on the "what." At least I have a clear picture that I will be discipling and mentoring young people so that they can share Christ with the next generation.
For a month or two, I was considering ministry in the Middle East. But with all the turmoil there, Lebanon has move off the top of my list. Believe it or not, I've been thinking more about my times in Southeast Asia in 2005, 2006 and again this last September. For now it looks like I could be based in Singapore or Chiang Mai, Thailand making frequent short term trips into other Southeast Asian countries for the course of about two or three years. After that, I would re-asses the option of relocation to a specific location in this region.
Maybe, sometime very soon, my title will say something other than, "Jonathan Stone, Missionary to Undetermined Location."

No comments:
Post a Comment