Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Circumnavigate Log #2

My flight from Minneapolis to Chicago was cancelled. But when you view a trip like this with an attitude of adventure, it's just the first of many great stories to tell when it's all done.

Circumnavigating Advice #1: Get to the airport early whenever possible.

United Airlines graciously put me on an earlier flight bringing me to Chicago with plenty of margin. Margin is the name of the book I just finished reading.

My second adventure was the extendable handle of my suitcase jammed. I suppose you would have laughed to see me wobbling through the terminal in Chicago trying to catch an earlier flight to London. I had to bear-hug my suitcase while laden beneath the burden of my overweight backpack. No, I didn't check any baggage. I did make the earlier flight with enough time to call Mom and fill her in on the change of plans.

Circumnavigating Advice #2: Travel light.

By midnight Minnesota time I was in London, putting my cumbersome suitcase of Liberian goodies in a storage locker for four days. A bus to Reading Train Station will allow me time to connect with a friend from High School before hoping on a train to Cornwall.

Signing off, just in time to see a foggy London sunrise.

No comments: