Drab white skies filled the bowl of the Chiang Mai Region so that the surrounding mountains drifted forgotten in the haze. There was no wind. Deserted streets were lined with the tangle of tropical landscaping stoic and still. That was two days ago.
Last night a downpour washed a layer of dust off the sky letting the mountains peer down at me. For the first time, I noticed blue sky behind their pale shaggy fur.
The mountains weren't the only things emerging through a fog. "The Decision" had the same looming presence as it approached into unmistakable clarity. The Decision was waiting for me for a year. Ever since I realized that wasn't going back to Liberia. If I wasn't going back to Liberia, then where?
The Decision was as big and as empty as the white sky. South America, Mongolia, Indonesia, Lebanon, and Malawi. Could it be any of those places? Macao, Ecuador, Poland, or Guinea? But then the downpour came. The Decision took the shape of Southeast Asia. From Nepal to Vietnam, Malaysia to Bhutan, I needed a base from which to live.
So I've come to Singapore and Chiang Mai. And it is now as I leave these clearing skies of Thailand that I have the information I need to make The Decision. I can see it. I know it. God's in it, and now I can choose.

1 comment:
WHOO HOO!!! I was so excited and encouraged to see this. Can't wait to hear!
Post a Comment