This afternoon I passed through the kitchen and was slightly shocked at what I saw. The cartons of fresh strawberries sat untouched. Only the blueberries had been used. Sherry had gotten a little carried away with the blue union and proceeded to cover the entire cookie with delicious, plump blueberries. Now, I am a huge fan of blueberries and all, but that just was not what the American Flag was supposed to look like.
My face confessed my shock as Sherry walked into the kitchen. The transparent battle behind my eyes was how to tell Sherry she blew it. She totally messed up her culinary creation.
But panic melted into hysterics when I realized that the white beneath the blueberries was not gourmet cream cheese frosting, it was a paper towel drying the washed blueberries. The real fruit pizza was set aside to chill still awaiting its patriotic fruit toppings.

No comments:
Post a Comment