Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Singapore


The official announcement.

I could sit around and wait for one more detail to fall into place. I guess I was expecting that I would wake up one morning and everything would happen all at once. It's not like that. But as I look back on the last few months, the decision has been there, decided, but not announced.

So here it is: I'm going to Singapore.

I imagine that it will take me about a year to build up my financial and prayer team, complete all my training, and make the necessary preparations.

It feels pretty good to be able to stick a pin on a map when I tell people about the missions work I have been called to do. Of course I am not limited to Singapore. A few years after moving there I may even relocate to another Southeast Asian country.

For the time being, I'm excited to move forward on this path. Singapore isn't my destination, seeing Jesus glorified is.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! We have been wondering for ages when you were going to make it official and if we perhaps had missed it. It is good to see the name out there. A YEAR! You go Jonathan, we will be praying for all of it!