Monday, March 22, 2010

A Bible Skit

One of our English lessons at the English camp in Yangon was for the students to act out a story from the Bible in English. My group did the story of the Dead Girl and the Sick Woman.

The Story of Jesus Healing Jarius’ Daughter and the Sick Woman

(Somewhere near Matthew’s house)

JARIUS: My daughter has just died. But come and put your hand on her and she will live.

(On the way to Jarius’ house)

JESUS: Who touched me?

PETER: Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.

JESUS: Someone touched me. I know that power has gone out of me.

WOMAN: I touched you, because I knew you could heal me. When I touched you, I was healed.

JESUS: Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.

(At Jarius’ house)

JESUS: Don’t be afraid, just believe and she will be healed. Stop wailing, she is not dead but asleep. My child, get up!

No comments: